A Laredo Sunrise

Misty Sunrise #2

Image by tricky ™ via Flickr

My first trip was a quick little run down to Laredo, Tx.  We left late in the evening, and I drove a short while from around 11:30 PM until 2:00 AM, arriving early.  We sat and waited for the 5:00 AM appointment, sleeping a little and for me, walking around a little to see what little there was to see.  Of course the 5:00 AM drop time turned into a 9:00 AM drop because they didn’t have the room for more trailers.  I did get to watch a Laredo sunrise, even if the scene was slightly obscured by warehouses and semi trucks.  Maybe next time I’ll find a better place to park where I can get a much clearer view. 

After dropping the trailer, we went down the street to the company drop lot, and picked up our next trailer to head north.  The load was bound for Wichita Falls, Tx.  Funny the first few days, and a I’m still in Texas.  We should be getting some loads going elsewhere soon, but I think I’ll end up back in Laredo Wednesday.  I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what comes our way. 

One of the interesting things, I noticed, is just how well the new trucks run, and quiet too.  It’s nice not having to shout just to hear yourself think, like the older trucks.  They ride very nice, almost to nice at times, making it a little to easy to get comfortable.  Of course it helps that the truck I’m in is brand new, with less than 20,000 miles on it.  Pretty sweet for a first ride.

There is an interesting cross-section of the population in the trucking industry.  You can see people from all over at the warehouses and drop yards, not to mention truck stops.  This is going to be a very interesting ride.

Quote of the Day:
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
--Oscar Fingall O’Flahertie Wills Wilde

3 comments:

Sandee said...

Glad things are going well. Thanks for posting here too. I appreciate it very much.

Have a terrific day. :)

Eric S. said...

Thanks Sandee, Things are doing well.

kkipp said...

Gotta luv Mr. Wilde!

Hugs,

Kel

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin