“A Question of Trust” I Got Mine!

Just When I needed it most.

One of the tings I like to do to relax and de-stress, is to sit back and read a good book.  Lucky for me, I won a new book in a blog contest, and it came in the mail a couple of weeks ago.  With all the stuff I’ve been working on for the last couple of weeks, I almost didn’t get to really sit down and enjoy it.  You know what they say, sometimes when you seem to have too much on your plate, you just have to sit back and take a break.  So that is exactly what I did, I sat back, took a break and read my new prize, “A Question of Trust” by Carole Thayne Warburton. 

Right from the start, I found myself captivated by the characters, especially an old man of distinctly small town attitude and sense of humor.   It was easy for me to picture people I actually knew as Herman Anders, a somewhat ailing old man from a tiny back country small town.  His western sense of humor brought a grin to my face, as he tormented a magazine reporter in the form of a city girl lost in the country.  The fun and intrigue of the second chapter caught my attention, while the old mystery of the first chapter was still fresh in my thoughts, nagging at me to find some answers. I got to meet a few wonderfully fun, small town, country characters and enjoy my own comparisons of the people and places of this book.

Carole Thayne Warburton has done a masterful job of creating an old mystery for the primary focus.  Still she adds a few twists, and additional mystery from a newer source, using colorful characters and fabulously thought out settings.  I found myself indulging in a few good laughs while at the same time trying to figure out a veiled plot filled mystery and intrigue.  There was some suspense, and a little action, and of course a little bit of an emotional rollercoaster for the main character, Stacey WIllis.  Poor little Stacey, a city girl from Salt Lake, has traveled to the small western town of Grouse Creek in search of a story.  What she finds, is a mystery half a century old, that has more twists and turns than she can follow.  Add into the story, an old boyfriend, a new friend she finds very entertaining, and a whole slew of betrayal, and mischief.  Who is behind it all? Can Stacey figure it out, and save an old man without hurting him in the process?

I would recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys a good mystery with plenty of funny small town life added in for good measure.  You’ll find yourself becoming attached to some characters, and disliking others with a passion. A Question of Trust by Carole Thayne Warburton, is well worth the read.

Thank You Carole for the book, and the kinds words and autograph.

3 comments:

kkipp said...

Hmmm . . . sounds like a title I'll have to pick up.

Hugs,

Kel

Eric S. said...

It is a good story, But I liked the old man character the most. I really had fun with him.

kkipp said...

Yeah, I could tell from your book review. I'm rather partial to persnickety elder mountain folk too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin