The Call of The Road

Desert Sunrise

Image by VerismoVita via Flickr

Beckons my soul, bewitching my spirit!

Hours, now only a few, till my departure.  I wait on baited breath for those fabled adventures sure to be less exciting than I imagine.  I look forward to the coming endeavors even more enthusiastically now than before.  It’s Sunday afternoon, and I join my trainer at 6:00 PM tonight.  Then we’ll set off on the road, to the south first…  then to what journey I shall be led…  remains unknown to me. 

I have discovered kindness and generosity still lives even in these troubled times.  Through those very virtues, I now have the means to post updates and keep up with my blogs.  I was given the opportunity to acquire a very nice laptop, and have been getting it all set up.  Now I will have the tools to write the stories I discover, even while on the road.  The good news is that I can now share my adventures as often as Internet is available. 

For those of you who may have the privilege of owning a Kindle, my blog is available by subscription through the Kindle store, along with Footprints In Time.  I hope to be posting updates on a regular basis, giving a glimpse into the adventure I’m starting this fine day.  I’ll write from Laredo, just as soon as I can, if there is Wi-Fi available there.

4 comments:

Sandee said...

I don't have Kindle, so I'll wait for a blog post. I hope you have a terrific time on your adventure. :)

tashabud said...

I'm with Sandee. Have a happy journey to Laredo. I shall look forward to reading about your adventures.

Tasha

Eric S. said...

@ Sandee, No worries, I'll still post here when I have access. By the way, thanks for the follow on Twitter.

@ Tashabud, Thanks Tasha, It was a quick little trip, with just a little bit of sitting around waiting.

kkipp said...

Wow, how excellent to have acquired a lap top with which to travel. Blessings on the kind soul that made such possible.

I had to fish back quite a ways to hit storyline -- guess I've been away a while, sorry about that -- fricking nasty busy at work and home, including some time overseas again.

Really glad to see the eagerness to hit the road in these posts.

Luv you Bro,

Kel

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin