One of The Most Important Date’s in My Personal History!

Eric & Blinda, Mom & Richard This day, is one so very special to me.  A day of recent history compared to what I’ve been researching, yet far more important to me personally.  You see, today is my wedding anniversary.   A celebration of the day I took my love’s hand, and promised to cherish honor and love her till death do us part. 

We were married in the little church where as a child I was baptized.  The Sheldon Jackson Memorial Church, was founded by Presbyterian missionary, Dr. Sheldon Jackson, in the 1874. It is

one of the oldest churches still in operation in the state of Colorado.  Dr. Sheldon Jackson was one of many “Traveling Ministers”, operating in the various gold camps through out Colorado, leaving this landmark to commemorate his ministry.  However, he may not have been as famous as Father Dyer, the “Snow Shoe Itinerant”, who delivered mail and spread his ministry over the highest Mountain pass, Mosquito Pass, in the region.

The Church has a fabulous garden that was planted and maintained by Wealtha Heins a local resident with a long history in the area.  The gardens continue to be maintained even after her passing, and have been named in her honor.  As a youngster in the youth group, I helped her work on that garden, of local wildflowers, aspen trees, and fabulous rocks.  I have many memories of that church, with it’s wood burning stove for heat, and hard wooden
pews.  The best memory of course is my wedding day though.

 
My whole family had gotten together, everyone in one place, back where we started.  It was a magical day indeed.  We danced to two songs we chose just for us.  I’ve included a player with those songs on it at the bottom of this post. 

It’s hard to image, 11 years go by so fast.  I like to look at this as our 20’th though, for we lived together for 9 years prior to making it official in front of family and friends.

I’m going to post this with Sepia Saturday, even though it doesn’t quite fit the “old Picture” category, but it does have a little history in it.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and be sure to go check out the other Sepia Saturday Posts.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

18 comments:

Christine H. said...

It's not that old, but it's a memory worth preserving, so I think it fits in perfectly with Sepia Saturday. My warmest congratulations to the both of you.

June Saville said...

Congratulations Eric! Sounds perfect to me. Blast from the past
June in Oz

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary to a lovely couple!

Eric S. said...

@ Christine H. Thank you very much. I think it's a memory worth everything.

@ June, Thank you, how are you, it's been a long time.

@ Nancy, Thank you.

Cloudia said...

wait, you were married in 1874?


gotta re-read that post....your cool photos distracted my imagination...



Warm Aloha from Waikiki :)

Comfort Spiral

Eric S. said...

LOL, Cloudia your too much. No I was married 11 years ago today.

Vicki Lane said...

Happy anniversary and many, many more!

tashabud said...

Happy 20th Anniversary! You both look awesome in your photos, Eric. Great music selections also. They happen to be in my list of favorite songs.

That had to be a magical moment for both of you. I can vividly picture the two of you dancing to the music, looking deep into each other's eyes and were mesmerized by each other's gaze. Tehehe.

You, two, cherish the memories of the past, of today, and the future.

Tasha

Eric S. said...

@ Viki, Thank you very much.

@ Tashabud, LOL, girl just leave it up to you to savor the romance in it. It was a fabulous day.

Sandee said...

Yes 11 years go by very quickly. Hubby and I just had our 10th anniversary.

I hope you both have a very happy anniversary and have many, many more years of wedded bliss. :)

L. D. Burgus said...

We may not think we are historical but the event is a one time event to remember forever. They are such wonderful pictures of you two.

Eric S. said...

@ Sandee, Congrat's girl. Yea they sure do. Thank you

@ L.D. Burgeus, Thank you, and yea it is supposed to be a one time event, and I certainly hope it remains that way, LOL.

cheryl said...

oooo I'm late for a very important date, congratulations Eric and Mrs. Eric :) Such a beautiful wedding.

Eric S. said...

Thanks Cheryl. It was a special day.

Jena Isle said...

These are great memories Eric. Your wife is lovely. You are both lucky to have each other.

Eric S. said...

Thanks Jena, they are some good memories.

kkipp said...

Yup, I shorely do 'member that thar day. Might 'av been the last day we were all together at one place . . . Dad and Carmella and Mother and Richard carefully circling on opposite sides of the various group moments. LOL

I remember sitting there, in the little church (a lot of mixed memories associated with the building -- positive and negative), looking at your backs as you faced the preacher I was amazed that my wee bro was standing up there.

I remember the festivities as they rolled long into the night, shaking my head in disbelief at some of the shenanigans of some of those present.

Weddings are rarely boring.

Hugs,

Kel

Eric S. said...

LOL, the antics that kept my night interesting, and not necessarily for the correct reasons. That is another of the reasons it was one of my favorite times. I was totally amazed that we were able to get everyone together, and even some of the cousins. Love Ya girl.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin