My chance to win some reading material

I visited a new site, I just found today.  Anne Bradshaw’s Place, is authored by, yep you guessed it “Anne Bradshaw”, giggle snicker, the author of “True Miracles with Genealogy”.  She writes about a lot of things, one of them being genealogy.  Since this is the topic of my most recent fascination, passion, or maybe even obsession, it’s not surprising I’m finding all these blogs.  What is surprising, is that I just now found her site.  I have for so long followed many blogs, of writers and authors, you would think that I would have stumbled across it far earlier. 

What I like, is she hosts regular guest authors, and allows them to write an article for her blog.  We all know of a few blogs that do this, similar to what GEWGAW WRITING has done for so long.  Well Anne hosted another Guest Blogger, Carole Thayne Warburton, who has offered a giveaway of one of her novels.  All you have to do is write a blog post about the giveaway and Anne’s blog, and Carole’s book, and leave Anne the link in a comment.  Of course to help out, you can twitter it, and share on facebook, for some added points toward the giveaway.

Carole Thayne Warburton, explains the process of her writing just a little bit in this post.  She tells just how important it is to get the “senses” right in your writing.  The best way to do this of course, is to write about what and where you know.  Carole also explains that this little rule, can be ever so limiting with your writing, so it’s important to research that which your not familiar with.  She is wholly correct in this approach, for your readers will pick up on the slightest mistakes, and you could very easily lose a little credibility in their eyes.   I suppose it is one of the reasons I have not continued some of my own fiction.  I lack so much in experience, and have not done the proper research to really continue the stories as I should. 

Since I am always searching for new reading material, I decided that this was a chance for me to win a book, and perhaps gain another favorite author.  So I’m writing this blog post, in the hopes of earning a few more points toward winning the book.  Not to mention, that the contest ends the day before my birthday, so it would be like getting a birthday present. 

Please check out Anne Bradshaw’s Place, and her book True Miracles with Genealogy.  Then have a look and Carole Thayne Warburton’s novel, A Question of Trust and perhaps even take a look at her new novel Sun Tunnels and Secrets.  If you get a chance, leave a good word for me while your at it.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

kkipp said...

Gotta luv finding a new author. Good luck with the contest.

Eric S. said...

I did win the contest, and should be receiving my book before long. I'm looking forward to it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin