Misty Morning Dew

Spider web early in the morning


Waking early to the annoying sound of a troubling alarm clock.   One of those that sounds like a back up alarm on a piece of construction equipment traversing  a distant excavation site.  The daily routine starts anew, repetitive in nature by necessity.  Stumbling around the darkened room, feeling my way to the door, attempting to be as silent as possible.  All is memory movement until that first satisfying sip of fresh coffee, to stimulate the senses.

The dismal monotony of repetitiveness, comforting in it’s own way.  I am saddened by the fact I am such a creature of habit.  The same thing every day, over and over again… as if I’m stuck in a never ending cycle of retakes in a low budget movie.   Yet without that pedestrian start to the day, I fear I would be lost to the realities of life.  We all have to start the day in our own way, and I have found my comfort in routine. Luckily, that boring start to each day is at time rewarded with amazing sights.

This morning I was greeted by a spectacular scene as I left the comfort of my house of useful routines.  I stepped outside, and found myself in a mist filled, morning wonderland.   The dew hung heavy on each blade of startlingly green grass.  A nebulous mist hung low over the ground, glinting under the clearness of a blue grey morning sky.  Hanging from a budding tree to the fence row, a spider web sporting glistening droplets of morning dew.  The graceful lines sparkling in exquisite solemnity, projecting the light of breaking dawn though a million prisms with ceremonious finesse. 

Visions like this make the monotony of the days so worth the effort.

9 comments:

Sandee said...

All we need do is look at what is around us and we will find such beauty as you did. We just need to look.

Have a terrific day. :)

The Muse said...

eric...i am following all my blogs privately now, wanted to let you know that is why my avatar will not show openly in the google reader. i am continuing to deal with a nasty stalking issue, and so i must take this action.

but i am reading your work...well no not reading, absorbing...is a better description!

you always manage to whisk my imagination away. and today i needed to do just that...see the world in this artistic vision~thank you.

Allison said...

As usual, soo well written. You are such a great writer. It just blows my mind, the art of writing. You make everything exciting to read!
Thanks, Allison

Eric S. said...

@ Sandee, you are right of course, the hard part is allowing ourselves to look sometimes.

@ The Muse, No problem, sorry for your troubles with cyber stalkers. I'm sure its more aggravating than I can imagine. I'm happy I was able to help. I'll be thinking of ya.

@ Allison, I'm blushing ;)

Vixen/Apron Frenzy said...

I try to find something that I take for granted and look at it differently once every day.

Eric S. said...

That's a really good idea Vixen

cheryl said...

It's when I first look out and see the dawn of a new day that it truly begins for me. Loved your misty mornin Eric

Eric S. said...

Thanks Cheryl, I'm not a morning person, but love the sunrises and everything that goes with them.

tashabud said...

You described the scenery so exquisitely. I could practically hear the construction noise, see the mist in the air, and touch the dew that hangs heavy at the end of the blade of the grass.

Tasha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin