A Shadow of Anonymity

Shadow Stalker

Image by diongillard via Flickr

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A creature of habit, bound by character.

Silently seeking a cloak of darkness,

Shadow Stalker, revels in

Anonymity!

 

Avoiding the light of acknowledgement.

Watching, listening, carefully observing,

Shadow Stalker, deftly deflects,

recognition!

 

Hidden deep inside, a second self.

Restrained, held captive by reserved ambition, 

Darkness’s counterpart, desires one thing…

Acceptance!

 

Shadow Stalker, beware, shade the light.

Your silent alter, far from reserved,

outshines your cherished anonymity.

Ambition!

 

Acknowledgement, recognition, acceptance!

Warmth, comfort, companionship, discovered.

Shackles degraded, captivity cast off, Ambition tasted.

Approval!

 

This is my submission to The Artists Challenge,  for the theme Anonymity – Gallery 16.   I enjoyed this particular theme, the basis of it seemed to fit my personality so well.  Please go by Gallery 16 – Anonymity, Premiering August 29th, and see what all the artists have created for this theme.

Enhanced by Zemanta

12 comments:

AngelBaby said...

Thank you so much for the gift, it is just wonderful and so nice. Thank you!

This is a wonderful poem and I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing this.

I really do have a real pirate in my family tree and he is very famous. I would be willing to bet that you will never guess which one he is! :-D

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Jena Isle said...

Very bubbly and seamless, way to go. You're a poet too Eric. :)

TWM said...

Shadow Stalker will never be a rock star with that attitude. {;-] }

Recent undefined:=-

Guest said...

"I only jump for the best of well-written treeets... This qualified!"

Comedy Plus said...

Very well done too. I always admire folks that can do this.

Have a terrific day. :)

Recent undefined:=-

Eric S. said...

Your quite welcome AngelBaby. Thanks you for the compliment, and I'm glad you liked the poem.

Now you have me curious, and I'll have to do some research. Pirates are so interesting.

Recent blog:=- Down to Just One

Eric S. said...

Thanks Jena, I had fun with this one. ;)

Recent blog:=- Down to Just One

Eric S. said...

LOL, Mark your right, he certainly won't find star status that way. 8-)

Recent blog:=- Down to Just One

Eric S. said...

Thank you, I appreciate the vote of confidence, LOL.Keep on jumping, and bark up a storm. 8-)

Recent blog:=- Down to Just One

Eric S. said...

Thanks Sandee, Like I said, this was a fun challenge to play with. ;)

Recent blog:=- Worlds Precipice

joanne olivieri said...

Love the ebb and flow of this piece. Nice work

Recent blog:=- The Santa Rosa - Hornblower Yachts

Eric S. said...

Hi Joanne, Thank you. I find myself changing a word here, and one there every once in a awhile. I guess it's a work in progress. 8-)

Recent blog:=- A Shadow of Anonymity

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin