Art Can and Does Inspire Writing!

One of the advantages of being so involved with The Artists Challenge, is the inspiration that is so plentiful.   Just about all of my faithful readers know I can be spurred into fictional creativity by art work.  That’s how Fridays Fantasy came about.  It’s no surprise then, when I stroll through the galleries, a torrent of ideas and story lines flow freely through my imagination.

 

The above piece, titled “Whitney” was created by artists Dana Aldis .  She submitted it for the No Theme –Theme at The Artists Challenge. When I first viewed it, I was smitten by the intensity of her eyes.  There was  a story there, simply begging to be told.   So with Dana’s permission, I started writing.  The following is an excerpt of the story I did for The Inferno

Chase could tell she was not looking at anything in the mirror.  It seemed as though she was looking through it, watching a scene unfold, visible only to her.  A soft flicker of  light glinted off  her luxurious iris.   The drama being played out for her, and her alone, visibly affecting the spirit within her eyes.  Chase felt as though he could read her emotions, simply by viewing the subtle changes in her eyes.  Dramatic and entrancing, he found himself staring at her reflection in the bar mirror.

 
As her personal cinema played out, and came to it’s finale.  A light tear formed in the corner of  her eye.  Never quite breaking free to roll down her cheek.  The intensity of her emotions, clearly visible in those sorrowful dark eyes.  Whitney placed a five on the bar, stood up, and walked toward the door.  Leaving Chase wondering, Who is she, this Whitney?  What pain is it she feels so intensely, what loss is it that moves her, what is she looking for?

To read the full story, Please visit The Inferno; Whitney – Art Inspired Fiction.  It’s the start of a series I’ll be doing over there, and I think will be a lot of fun for everyone.

 

I’ve already been asked if I’ll continue the story.  My imagination has taken hold of this idea, and started to format the structure, and parse  lines.  I think that I’m not going to be able to help myself, the only question will be where!  This may just what I need for the new site I’m working on.  I’m still not going to let anyone know what it is, and where to find it yet.  I know, I’m cruel that way.  All I’m going to tell you, is that it will be completely dedicated to Fiction. 

18 comments:

ShawnD said...

Eric as you continue writing, you improve more and more. I am looking foward to reading your work. Keep it up, you may THINK that you aren't that good but I got news for you, you're better than me and the funny thing is you keep on gettting better. Looking foward to more-

Shawn :)

Recent blog:=- The Burn of Anger

Eric S. said...

Well thank you Shawn. I know the more I write, the more I pick apart my previous stories. It's really funny how when I go back and look at some of them, I'm amazed at all the little things I could have done better. ;)

Recent blog:=- I’ve Been Real Busy

Kel said...

Whoa . . . are you hinting that there's ANOTHER site a building?!? Beyond "The Inferno?"

Yeah, you need therapy dude, big time!!!!!!

*wink*

Recent undefined:=-

Eric S. said...

LOL, Yes indeed, The other site is still secret. I have been working on it for a few weeks. Some time in the near future it shall be unveiled. It's going to be a collection of my fiction. Right now, Inferno is top most in my priority listing. I was asked to help out with that one, and I want to be a good team member. 8-)

Recent blog:=- Art Can and Does Inspire Writing!

TWM said...

Erik...how many blogs are you currently writing on? It is hard to keep track of where to be on any given day. =-O

Recent blog:=- MAKE NO SENSE

Eric S. said...

Well Mark, sometimes I think I'm writing on two many, LOL. Then again, what would I do with my spare time otherwise. I have six of my own, and am guest posting on one. 8-)

Recent blog:=- I’ve Been Real Busy

AngelBaby said...

Wow, how do you keep up with all of this? I just have one blog and that is all I can handle but 6, Yikes! You are a very good writer my dear friend and I do so enjoy reading all of your work. 8-)

Have a wonderful day!

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Kel said...

P.S. I sent you a small box via snail mail today. Mostly paperback books, but also a letter that I started back in the '90s to you, when I was doing my master's studies and you were working as a policeman. I came across it in a box of "miscellaneous paper and photos to go through when time permits" . . . LOL! I thought you'd get a kick out of it, a "time capsule" sort of thing.

Kel said...

P.S.S.S. I won't be in town Monday, we'll be in Tahoe all next week with Randy's kids and parents at the Kipp family time share. So if you want to call and tease me about the "significant" birthday you'll best reach us via Randy's cell phone.

Kel said...

P.S.S. Go ahead and consider the box a "birthday present" tee hee hee. Happy thinking-ahead-of-the-date birthday Brosky!!! VIRGOS ROCK!!!!

mike said...

Eric, your love for the written word shines in this post. Good luck with your new site, and keep on writing!

peace,
mike
livelife365

Recent blog:=- Plum Crazy!

Eric S. said...

It's just fun for me AngelBaby. I love the writing, and of course many of my sites are only once a week posts. Then Chihuatude, I only post when something is going on with them.

Thanks for the support. ;)

Recent blog:=- Art Can and Does Inspire Writing!

Eric S. said...

Ahh, the soon to be birthday girl. Just how old does this one make you now? You know one of the nice things about being the youngest is that all of the other sibs hit those milestones before me, LOL ;)

Recent blog:=- Art Can and Does Inspire Writing!

Eric S. said...

Thanks mike, I appreciate your compliment. 8-)

Recent blog:=- Art Can and Does Inspire Writing!

Jena Isle said...

This is another story worth following. Way to go Eric.

Eric S. said...

Thanks Jena, I'm still working out how to continue the story. I have had a lot of requests for just that. So I think with the new site, it may be a feature. ;)

Recent blog:=- A Shadow of Anonymity

Zorlone said...

Hi Eric! First of all, it is true that art inspires us to write. For me, my poetry is inspired by what I see and what I imagine seeing. (Yeah, I'm nuts! LOL). Fantasy and sci-fi are my favorite areas, unlimited by the boundaries of the real world. Sometimes, I think that fiction is better.

Great writing! I wonder when you will come out with a book. Please e-mail me when that comes out.

Btw, thank you for including me in your side bar! I am truly honored! =-X

Z

Eric S. said...

You know Zorlone, fiction is one of my favorite reads. There is so much possibility out there, suggested but not explored. I think fiction can play a part in forming our future. The ideas have to come from somewhere, and many are generated by reading those wonderful sci-fy book. I got hooked on fantasy in high school after reading The Hobbit.

No your not nuts, your just amazingly talented. I enjoy your poetry, and many other blog poets. Thats why I keep attempting it. The short story is still my favorite write. One of these day's I'll get a story formed that will last a little longer than short fiction.

I do dream of writing a book, but realize I have much to learn, and a long road to travel. The time may come someday, I just hope I'll be young enough to enjoy it, LOL.

And your welcome. ;)

Recent blog:=- Summer Fades, Autumn Colors Blossom!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin