Ready, Set, Blog

Uçurumun kenarında - (HDR)

Image by alemdag via Flickr

I have been whining and complaining about not getting enough time on the computer.  We only had one in the house, and Blinda had discovered Facebook, and all the games that go along with it.  Well, I have no excuse anymore. 

 

Today I picked up a used computer for $95.00, not bad.  It has 1.2 Gig’s of RAM, and a clock speed running at 3.4 GHZ.  It’s not quite as fast as the other computer, but I can’t complain.   For what I will be doing, it’s more than

enough.  The interesting thing is that I get the used, slow computer, while Blinda get’s the newer, fast computer with the 22 inch monitor.  Oh well, that’s the way the cookie crumbles. 

 

The other nice thing, is I set up my office in the spare bedroom, so I can write to my hearts content, and in privacy too.  I’m not sure how I’ll handle not having anyone hovering ove

r me reading over my shoulder as I go along.  Plus I can listen to MY music as I write, kind of a necessary thing sometimes you know. 

 

I wanted to let everyone know, That I’ll be around to see you as soon as I can.  There is going to be a lot of back reading I’m going to have to do, and I’ll be back to leaving some comments too.   Not to mention All the posts I have to write.  Between all the blogs, I’ll be a busy little guy for awhile.   For those of you who haven’t seen it, I started another blog also, Mountain Dreamer.

Enhanced by Zemanta

19 comments:

Speedy said...

Well, a woman on the social net is dangerous man! Looks like you have a great set up tho ;-)

Roy said...

"that's the way the cookie crumbles" lol

looking forward to see more post from you ;)



Recent blog post: The Short Story Blogger

Eric S. said...

Hey Speedy! Thanks, and I'm not sure what to do with her, LOL. She spends more time on the computer than I do. ;)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

Eric S. said...

Once I have this new computer all set the way I want it, I'll be trying to work out a schedule for posting. We'll see what happens, I'm thinking three a week here at least. 8-)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

jodapoet said...

Yep, facebook can be addicting. However $95.00 for your used computer is a great deal even though it may be a little slow. It's great to have your own :)

Recent blog post: Garden Greenery

June Saville said...

I heard the starting gun Eric and shot over here. We all need a break from blogging now and then I reckon - and I've had a few breathers lately myself.
Cheers
June in Oz

Jena Isle said...

Hi Eric,

We've been missing your posts, especially your friday fiction. :) It's good you can now blog more. Right on!

Jena Isle said...

By the way, may I know how you have added the side bar blog to this main blog? Thanks for any information. Have a blessed day.

Eric S. said...

Hi Jodapoet, I don't mind Facebook, but then I don't get into the games. My wife on the other hand loves the games, and spends a ton of time on there. I prefer blogging, and reading other peoples blogs. ;)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

Eric S. said...

LOL, June your a hoot. Things are looking up, especially now that we don't have to share a computer. I was having a real hard time not wanting to force Blinda away from the computer. Now I can blog to my hearts content, and spend some more time checking out all my friends. ;)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

Eric S. said...

Thanks Jena, I'm slowly catching up. 8-)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

Eric S. said...

The side blog thing is real easy. Send me an email, because all my addresses got lost in a recent crash, and I'll send you a complete "how to". 8-)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

Goannatree said...

Glad to see you back! I had a break for a little while too, but i'm all creative guns firing! I look forward to your comments!

Recent blog post: The online extension of self: Avatars, Profile Pics, and the Visual Representation of Self-image

Roy said...

it just occured to me Eric, wouldn't Peanut ask for his own computer too? or is he going to use yours? :-D



Recent blog post: Bloggers Connection: Eric Schweer

Eric S. said...

LOL, Roy your too funny. As a mater of fact, Peanut has been grumping quite a bit. He still wants a pawtop computer for his blog, but for now he'll just have to use mine. Lord knows he'll never be able to get on Blinda's, LOL. ;)

Recent blog post: Timberline Temptations

Eric S. said...

Hi Goannatree, I'm sorry I missed your comment, not sure what happened there. I've been by your blog a couple of times, but was I was bad and didn't comment. I'll try harder to be a good boy next time, LOL. ;)

Kel said...

Yes, how "interesting" that you're on the used computer [elder sister frowning, and sighing]--But establishing some privacy in the guest room is a great idea. I have my "studio" in our guest room and its lovely to be able to sequester myself and incense burning and delicious music playing whilst playing with my colors.

Hugs

Eric S. said...

LOL, Kel you know I'm a push over! Blinda naturally gets the better machine while I persevere with what's left. Setting up a "studio" was the best thing I did. The rewarding solitude is refreshing. 8-)

Kel said...

To borrow a response from Poni: "Cool Beans!"

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin