A Movie That Has Captured My Imagination

Film poster for August Rush - Copyright 2007, ...

Image via Wikipedia

Every once in a while, I see a movie that  strikes a chord with in me somewhere.  I recently saw a movie, August Rush, that has been out for quite a while now.  I have no idea why I never saw it before, but I can tell you that I love this movie. 

 

It’s about a young boy who hears music in just about everything.  He has an uncanny ability to play some very interesting music on a guitar, even though he had never before picked one up.  Coupled with a prodigal ability to understand the notes of his music, and copy them down.    Young Even Taylor, August Rush, was basically stolen from his mother at birth.  His grandfather putting him up for adoption without his mothers knowledge, and then telling her he died.  He believe that if he can make his music, and have as many people as possible hear it, His parents will find him by following the music.  The story has many more folds to it of course, and you’ll have to watch it for yourself. 

 

It’s a heart warming tale, one that will have you bouncing through many emotions.  One moment you’ll be happy, then sad, then happy, and every once in awhile you’ll be as mad as can be.  I have never been so pissed at a character played by Robin Williams as I was with this movie. 

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

13 comments:

Comedy Plus said...

Wow, he can certainly play too. Awesome. Looks to be a great movie indeed.

Have a terrific day. :)

Cloudia said...

Thanks for the tip!!
Aloha
Comfort Spiral

jiggins said...

that is alot to fill out for your comment form!

i have been wanting to see this movie .. maybe I will check it out next week. Harry Potter this week.. then maybe a chill week watching a DVD for the Friday Night Cinema ! Stop by Splitting Tens sometime! I dig yuor blog.

Recent blog post: TOP CHEF: The Masters in Las Vegas

jiggins said...

i do like the way the comment form shows your last post though..that is great!

Recent blog post: TOP CHEF: The Masters in Las Vegas

Guest said...

Will have to look that one up...sounded good. TWM

Zorlone said...

I will definitely look for this movie.

Z

Recent blog post: WOOF Sandwich - Woof top picks July 10, 2009

Roy said...

sounds like an interesting story

I hope I can find it here



Recent blog post: The Short Story Blogger

Eric S. said...

You would love the movie, it has a great story. I can just about promise it will grab hour heart. 8-)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

Eric S. said...

Hey Cloudia, aloha. 8-)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

Eric S. said...

Hi and welcome to my site. Once you set up your profile in JS Kit, you'll only have to do it once. The comment love and thread commenting system is why I added it. Make thing feel more like a conversation.

You'll love the movie when you get a chance to watch it.

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

Eric S. said...

Hey Mark, Yep it's a good movie, and well worth the time. 8-)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

Eric S. said...

Hey Zorlone, You'll love t when you get to watch it. 8-)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

Eric S. said...

Hi Roy, I hope you can find it down there too. It's well worth the time to see. 8-)

Recent blog post: Natures Own Fireworks Display, No Admittance Fee Required.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin