Help a Fellow Blogger Please

Kazimir Malevich's impressionist Unemployed Gi...

Image via Wikipedia

This darn economy has affected so many people.  One of the hardest things I can thing of would be to loss my job right now.   One of my blog fiends, Vixen of Vixens Den,  has been dealing with just that issue since January.  I can’t even imagine the stress of looking for a job in this economic climate.  She has been looking for a new job, with no success at all.   Then to make maters worse, she ruptured a disk in her back and had to have surgery.  She did qualify for assistance, but still had to pay  her portion.    Where the problem, comes in, is that during her recovery, she can no longer receive unemployment.

 

To make ends meet, she had been selling aprons she makes, at her etsy online store.  Now her doctor won’t let her sew, so she can’t  do that either.  Recovery from back surgery is one of those things you don’t take any chances with.  We all know that food is not free, let alone the numerous other expenses associated with owning a house.  They moved into their new home a few months back after qualifying for a first time home buyer program.  It’s not large or extravagant, but it’s theirs, and the banks of course.  I remember the post when they first got the house, Vixen was so excited to be a home owner.  The problem I see is,  what good is a house if you can’t eat.  People have to make some pretty hard decisions these days.

 

We can help though.  Vixen has put a donation button up in her side bar.  So if you can spare a few dollars, please help a fellow blogger in need.  If  enough people make a small contribution, we might be able to pull them through this recovery period.  So if you can spare it, and have the time, go by Vixens Den and leave a little present.  As a community, which is what I see bloggers as, we  can’t let a neighbor down.

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

Comedy Plus said...

Times are indeed tough and seem to be getting tougher. I hope Vixen gets well from her surgery soon. I also hope and pray that she finds some financial help as well.

Have a terrific day. :)

Eric S. said...

I do too Sandee. You've had some good one's on your site lately. Your always good for a lagh. ;)

Jena Isle said...

I pray for her quick recovery. If I had the means I would. Prayer could be a lot of help in this instance. God bless you.

Eric S. said...

I know, I wish I could help more, but at this moment, this post is the best I can do. Thank you for your prayers Jena. :)

Vixen said...

Thanks so much for this Eric, it means so much to me. Prayers and posts and positive thoughts are gladly accepted and appreciated.

Eric S. said...

My pleasure Vixen, I hope it helps. I just wish I could have done more. ;)

LceeL said...

Eric, have you ever checked out Project Gutenberg? WWW.GUTENBERG.ORG There are almost 30,000 titles available free. Check it out.

p.s. I donated a little.

Eric S. said...

Hey Lou, I had never heard of project Gutenburg, but I will check it it out, thanks I love to find new sources to satisfy my reading.

Thank you so much for helping Vixen out, she is a sweet lady. ;)

Lydia said...

What a kind thing for you to do. A blogger I read also is looking for work at the same time her husband walked out on her. I left a comment that she should install a donate button at her blog, but she seemed confused about it.
I'm making note to visit Vixen's blog tomorrow.

Eric S. said...

Hey Lidia, I don't envy your freind looking for work. The pickings are pretty slim right now, and getting worse. It's pretty scary really. Vixen is such a sweet lady, and she's had more than her share of rough times this last year.

If your friend has a pay pa; account, it's real easy to get a donate button. They just have to go to the service section I think, and follow the step by step. 8-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin