Mondays Writers of The Web - Dishonour

Happy Halloween

Image by Brian Negus via Flickr

I know, I know…  It’s been far too long since I managed to post a Mondays Writers Of The Web post.  I suppose the simple excuse is “Life just got in the way”.  I wish to share a site with you, one who's author has visited me, and left comments on Friday’s Fantasy.  I have been so preoccupied of late, and unable to get decent computer time, that I simply never went to visit.  Well I made up for it this weekend, and I am so pleased to say, “we have yet another wondrous writer on our hands. 

 

Rogues Retreat, is a place where you can find some wonderful fiction.  I first landed on chapter 8 of her current story, and decided I should start at the beginning.    Dishonour, starts lively, and grabbed my attention with the very first chapter.  It’s one of those things many writers strive so very hard to accomplish.  Through chapter one we are introduced to the character Phillip, and  a possible reason for the murder he has committed.  Rogue gives just a hint of the darkness in his life, and a tiny little glimpse into the reasons behind that darkness.  Not enough of a look so the reader can have all the answers right away, but just enough to peak the curiosity.  Rogue is a descriptive writer, one of those traits that I like so much.  Chapter two simply adds to the intrigue, and fosters even more questions in the readers mind.  Firmly implanting the desire to continue reading.

 

Chapter three, I describe as the ruby of revelation, tells the reader a story.  A story of young love, happy marriage, proud parents, and devastating; terrible loss.  It’s a story all it’s own, and gives the reader the needed insight to understand why Phillip does the things he does.  You will be on the edge of your seat, tears of joy through the first part, and sadness through the last.

 

Once you get to chapter 4, the fun really begins.  Your introduced vicariously through Phillip to a clandestine group of people.  This “club” each have a dark secret of their own, and function to support each other.  One could almost think of it as a support group for retribution.  For each one of these people had been offered the chance to seek final retribution for the wrongs done them.  Most all of them are good upstanding citizens, and every one of them have suffered by means of some dark devastating and terrible crime.

 

The real question is what is the cost?  The real price they each will have to pay for their chance to level the playing field.  Chapters 7 and 8 will give you a hint as to the thinking of those behind the scenes, the manipulators.  Those who manage to take advantage, of the victims of such devastating and traumatic crimes, making them victim yet again.  In reality they are the people in power, but perhaps they should be sitting behind the table of defense.   Their acts are the ones that truly should be weighed by the scales of justice.

 

So by all means go and read this intriguing story.  Tell me if you think I’m wrong, and please enjoy the suspense.

Dishonour Chapter 1

Dishonour Chapter 2

Dishonour Chapter 3

Dishonour Chapter 4

Dishonour Chapter 5

Dishonour Chapter 6

Dishonour Chapter 7

Dishonour Chapter 8

I have yet to leave Rogue a comment, but will a day after I post this story.  I can’t wait to hear her surprise.

Enhanced by Zemanta

12 comments:

LceeL said...

I just went and read Chapter 1. Good Stuff. Thank you Eric - for pointing out a really good author. I will catch up her story tonight, after supper, as I sit and sip a Rum.

Recent blog post: Doh!

Eric S. said...

Umm, Rum and a little web reading sounds gooood. You'll enjoy the story, I know I did. ;)

Recent blog post: Mondays Writers to make a return

Liara Covert said...

Every human being is his own judge and jury.

Rogue said...

Thank you so very much Eric. I only hope everyone enjoys reading my story as much as I enjoy writing it. All the very best

lilly said...

He's B-A-C-K! Thanks Eric for this and I will go over to Rogue's site to have a read. What, did you type this up at 4am in the morning?? :-D

Recent blog post: Take a load off your mind

cheryl said...

What an awesome review Eric. I've been reading all along and am enjoying it myself :)

Eric S. said...

That is true no doubt. ;)

Recent blog post: Mondays Writers to make a return

Eric S. said...

Not at all, Thank you for writing and for stopping by Fridays fantasy. I Know I enjoy your story, so I'm sure everyone else will love it. 8-)

Recent blog post: Mondays Writers to make a return

Eric S. said...

Lilly, your a card. Yep I got up early Sunday, about 6:00 AM, that way I had around 4 hours to work with. I'm not a big fan of mornings, to many years working nights. I used to say I needed sunglasses for a full moon, LOL 8-)

Recent blog post: Mondays Writers to make a return

Eric S. said...

Hey Cheryl, I saw your name on her comments. I love the plot she has going, a real grabber. 8-)

Recent blog post: Mondays Writers to make a return

tashabud said...

Hi Eric,
I have a few moments to be idle, so I thought I'll drop by to see what you've been up to. I went and visited rougue's blog. However, I have the impression that he's a male writer and not a female. I could be wrong, but it says in his profile as being "male".

You did a wonderful job writing this review. It is so good that I had to go to check it out myself. I really like it a lot. I read the first chapter. My kind of genre, a thriller. I'll try to visit you and the others as time allows.

Tasha

Recent blog post: Goodbye for Now

Eric S. said...

Hi Tasha, you know I didn't even catch that when I wrote this. Leave it up to me to get the gender wrong, LOL.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope your break is going well. 8-)

Recent blog post: Springtime Mountain Wonders

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin