Focus & Balance; That is what I need!

Mount Bross

Image via Wikipedia

Being that I am getting less and less time on the computer, I need to find a way to make the time I do spend on it more productive.  I’m not really sure how I’ll do that, but there has to be a way.  I need desperately to find a balance, and regain my focus.  I need my mountains!

 

I need that comfort, serenity, and beauty where I can lose myself in thought.  Back home, I could simply drive a few minutes and then take a short walk. I would be surrounded by high mountain ranges.  One of my favorite places was on Mount Bross above Alma.  At the right spot, your can look out over South Park, and see the vastness of this amazing high mountain park.  You can see for miles and miles from up there, 14,000 feet plus high.  Everything looks so small and insignificant from that wondrous perch.  It makes me feel like I’m on top of the world. 

 

Sometimes there is the rare, seraphic occasion when a layer of clouds fill the sky, not above, but below you.  Giving the feeling of being able to walk on clouds.  There is a simple beauty to a formation of clouds looked upon from above.  Many of you I’m sure have seen clouds from above while flying.  Now imagine standing  On a mountain top with the same view.  Feeling the briskness of the air, a slight icy bite to the wind.  Most of all, fresh, clean, unblemished air that fills your lungs with no effort at all.  All you have to do is breath, in and out, just like you do every day of your life.  Only this time you can taste the difference, feel the refreshing, cleansing, invisible air.  One should not be able to see the air they are breathing!

 

For me, there is no better way to find balance, and add focus to my life.

 

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

16 comments:

Moon-Writer said...

As usual, very well written. I have faith in you. You WILL find that place again. Living in the mountains, I never take it for granted. There is something about being here, the smell of pine and my constant bitching about too much snow, LOL!!! that can put you in your place.
Have a great weekend!

Recent blog post: Skywatch Friday

Eric S. said...

Thank you, I would give anything to be bitching about to much snow. I think I may be suffering from a slight case of cabin fever. LOL :-D

Recent blog post: What the Heck?

Guest said...

How a trip back home for a week or so? Next dip in work that is about two weekends and one week long just get the heck out of Texas for a wee bit!

I'm sure Mom would let you sleep on the couch for a week while you get your spirit refreshed hiking around your old haunts.

Toss your overnight gear for hunting in the back of the truck so you don't have to take a room on the drive up over the first weekend, nor the drive back the second weekend.

And raid your pantry for food supplies before heading out. Bring a fishing pole and treat yourself an Mom to some fresh trout a couple of nights.

Ignore the nagging "but I can't afford it" feeling. Just do it. Trust me, it all seems to work out in the end.

One of us should check in on Mom anyway. I'm sure Kev is taking care of the big things, but maybe she has some little repairs need done.

Hugs, Kel

Cloudia said...

What a mountain-top post, Eric.
Aloha from the Ko`olau Mts of Oahu

Recent blog post: Two Incidents

June Saville said...

Good question Eric. I believe it's really important to give ourselves time to think and feel. I go down to the sea and sit on a wall above water as it plays and splashes around rocks. That's my mountains.

Recent blog post: Painting with No Mess or Expense

Guest said...

when you find yourself small, in the presence of magnificent and overwhelmingly large nature, perspective returns...

shadow said...

uuum, that was me above here...

Eric S. said...

Kel, that is a great idea. I do hope to make it home this year. There is just so much that one can stand, and only so much I can do in my head. I need to spend some time in my mountains, visit the beaver ponds, commune with my favorite spirits.

It may happen yet, I can't quite through caution to the wind and ignore the finances as yet. But hopefully with a little planing things will indeed fall into place.

So far all the trips I have made were for things I did not want to do. Dad's funeral ect. I do hear Windy Ridge calling my name.

Recent blog post: Catching the Morning Quiet

Eric S. said...

Thanks Cloudia. I would love to visit your Hawaiian mountains.

Recent blog post: Catching the Morning Quiet

Eric S. said...

Hey June, I miss my mountains so. But the cabin fever does not help maters much at all. There is only so much Texas wild life can do for my soul.

Recent blog post: Catching the Morning Quiet

Eric S. said...

Well said Shadow. That perspective is indeed needed. :)

Recent blog post: Catching the Morning Quiet

Jena Isle said...

Hi Eric,

Long time no read. I hope everything's well. Indeed, these scenes are amazing, especially that of the clouds. I can almost smell the morning breeze atop the mountains I used to visit too. The experience usually humbled me - making me aware of how "small" I was.

Keep writing Eric, I miss your Friday Fiction.

spicymist said...

may peace be with you :P there actuallyis a place called south park? lol

Eric S. said...

Hi Jena, yep it has been a little while. Things are looking up again, I just need more computer time. The mountains are always humbling. 8-)

Recent blog post: Mondays Writers to make a return

Eric S. said...

Yep there really is a place called South park, LOL. Rumor has it that the creators of the cartoon spent a summer working for the Forest service there, and that how how they got the idea. Anyway that is where I grew up. Never met any of teh characters though, LOL. :)

Recent blog post: Mondays Writers to make a return

soulMerlin said...

Hi Eric ~ I really connect with you when it comes to focus. I have been feeling very disorientated lately...and always, nature and the countryside rescue me.

Lovely thought about above the clouds...:)

xhenry

Recent blog post: a tale of two plants ~ the flowering

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin