Sunday is Supposed To Be Silent

Yes, yes, I know… I have been very bad, and have not made any blog posts for some time now.  I would like to thank those who have sent me e-mails,  wondering where I was at and if everything was alright.  I appreciate the concern.  Your e-mails are what has dragged me out of my darkened retreat. 

 

Things are going pretty well, I have stayed smoke free for four whole weeks now.  It is the hardest thing I have ever done.  I managed to seclude myself once again, retreating to the familiar and safe places in my mind.  The only problem with that, is, I break contact with everything and everyone.  I guess it’s just part of my nature and upbringing.  When the going gets tough, the tough (or insane) go it alone.

 

I do have many stories that have resulted from this experience, but it will take a lot of time and some serious concentration to get them all sorted out.   I have had ideas, plots, and actual stories playing out in my mind, all at the same time.  It’s almost as if they each were competing for the front seat, or maybe top billing.  The problem is that when they come at me in this way, I have to sit down and figure out what belongs to which story, and where each should fit within the whole library list. 

 

It is pretty similar to the way I read books.  I have generally about 3 to 4 books going at one time.  A different book in each room, and I find myself at a different place in each book depending on my mood at the particular time.  There have even been times when I have gotten two or more books confused, and had to refresh them.   It can get pretty confusing. Now imagine trying to write a story the same way.  You end up with a disjointed non sensible mess.

 

This coming week, I will be working out of town.  Strangely enough the job will be close enough to the deer lease that I can spend the nights there.  The advantage is that I get to spend some real good quality time in nature and the outdoors.  Perhaps it will let me sort through much of the mess that seems to be clogging up my imagination.  I’ll also get to see those wonderful sunrises and sunsets that inspire my soul.

 

Hopefully in the following week, I’ll be able to choose a story from the junk yard.  Move it into the garage of my mind, scrape some rust, sand a few fenders, and apply some paint to bring the beauty out.   Then we’ll start on the mechanical part of it, tuning and tweaking until it purrs like a kitten.

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Guest said...

Though you've probably already figured it out, the two "guests" above are me myself, the elder sis. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the login cells.

Kel

Guest said...

is it yet Sunday?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin