I’m Still Here, I Think!

No Smoking (short film)

Image via Wikipedia


   2 Days 
    
   

I know, I have not posted anything here in nearly a full week.  This is not a good way to maintain a blog, tsk, tsk, tsk.  First off, Sorry there was no Fridays Fantasy.  Second off, sorry there was no Monday’s Writers of the Web.  I will explain both here a couple of minutes.  Most of all, I’m sorry I have not made it around to see every ones blog and leave a few comments.


 

Last weekend, I simply had a rough time.  I think it was because of a terribly long and hard week coupled with my constant companion, Insomnia.  I could not write, and found myself wandering around the net in a daze with no purpose what so ever.  I know, it happens all to frequently, and I need to start sleeping better.  Easier said than done, but I take the advise, and try my best. 

 

I did make a valiant effort with Tirashar’s story.   I have 1500 words, but they are no where near what I want them to be.  You all know I am my own worst critic, and can be pretty dam particular.  Let me just say flat out, what I wrote was crap, junk, trash, ect. and there was no way I would post it.  I saved it as a draft, and may be able to rescue it.  However, I really think I am going to end up just re-writing the whole thing, and take it where I want to go.  It will be a little long, but there is a lot of territory I need to cover with this section. 

 

The reason I missed Mondays Writers was, I quit smoking Sunday Night.  I have been scatterbrained, and somewhat lost since.  I am doing OK, and much better today.  It’s only been 2 days, but I am very positive about this, and feel like success is in the wind.  I am having a lot of trouble sitting still, and focusing on one thing at a time.  Like writing this post.  Concentration is one of those abilities I seem to have temporarily lost, and hope to gain back in a few days. 

 

Some of you have been keeping up with the Side Blog, and already know about this.  As a matter of fact, I have a mini support group over there, and they are very helpful indeed.  I’m getting good support from my Twitter and Facebook Friends also.  I have been posting daily on the Side Blog,  just a few paragraphs, but enough to say I have posted every day. 

 

Please have a little patients with me, and I’ll get back on a regular schedule of posting here.  Right now, my focus is on succeeding at stopping my 25 + year addiction to cigarettes. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin