Wild Wednesday

forced spring

Image by Darwin Bell via Flickr

The past few days, have been long and tiring.  Tuesday, I worked 14 hours, I’m not complaining at all, just a little tired.  Today I worked 12 hours.  You know the wild thing is we have not been busy at all for about a month.  There have even been a few very slim weeks.  With the economy the way it is, I’m grateful for any extra hours that may be handed out.  This construction industry is pretty much a feast and famine type of thing.  These days it’s been more famine than feast.

 

I’ve still managed to make a few rounds of the blogosphere.  I wanted to post something for Wednesday, so I thought I would share this interesting invitation I got from Vikki, ERR, The Pub Wench.  I hope you get as much of a kick out of  it as I did.  I’m going to add my initial reactions' to this in italics, with a little just a little exaggeration added for effect, LOL.

Hello Fair Spirit of the Blog,

We have been watching you.  (Looking around, checking over my shoulder.  I get up from the computer and grab a flashlight. Spend a little time searching the dusty corners, and dark showy recesses.  Nope no one there, but the feeling is.)  We are artist. At least that's what they call us. You may even know us. We'd like to invite you to a member of our very Private Club. We're very selective and only an elite few are welcome on our hallowed grounds. We pick you.  (Wow, I feel special now, still a little uncomfortable, have to keep an eye out.  Going to be hard to get ride of this feeling of being watched.)

We even have a little 'chit chat' room just for the likes of you. It's rightfully called Dante's Pub. (Did you say pub? as in brew, ale, spirits of the  intoxicating  type, I’m listening.)   But when your enter BEWARE! You are entering the abyss of the artist mind! (Huh, caution may be in order.  I like dark places though.)  You're welcome to watch from afar while drinking your brew or pull up a chair and join us for a little chat. (A little ale and a chat, sounds inviting to me!)  Be sure and register and then log in.  After all, this is a very private club. We don't allow just any wanderer in our midst. ( Ahh there's that special feeling again, These folks know how to sweet talk a guy.)

Don't dilly dally now! It wont cost you a pence. Check out The Artist Challenge and Dante's Pub- that is if your daring and think yourself worthy to be amongst the souls we've claimed?  (FREE, hey that’s what I’m talking about.)

Farewell...until we hear from you,

Master Mike and the Pub Wench

Artist Challenge- http://www.theartistchallenge.com/
Dante‘s Pub -  http://www.theartistchallenge.com/art-forum/

 

What a creative and intriguing invitation wouldn’t you say.  So you should go over and see what's going on.  The pub is filling up, and I see guests there all the time, and some great new members regularly.

Enhanced by Zemanta

13 comments:

Shadow said...

intriguing indeed...

Jena Isle said...

Like visiting an Eden? Thanks for sharing. God bless.

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Sounds like you are really putting in some very long hours. Try to work in some rest too.

Have a terrific day. :)

Alexys Fairfield said...

Hi Eric,
I knew you were the chosen one. You must take this challenge and live up to your steallar reputation.

Just sending you a little frivolity today.

Take care my friend.

Charles Sapp said...

I ran across a post you did on August 2008 and you said some wonderful things about my blog and poetry. I just wanted to thank you for your kind words.

Liara Covert said...

You always prompt your readers to read between the lines. This keeps their minds active! If you choose to believe everyone is worthy as they are, regardless of their choices or related outcomes, then you accept them as they are, and yourself as well. The abyss is where you choose to go if you resist or refuse to move beyond some kind of imagined discomfort. Conditioned urges do not matter. Action and the intention underlying your actions do. All of it is visible in energy.

Eric S. said...

@ Shadow, Yes it was. I love the invitation it's one of the best emails I've received in a long time.

@ Jena, yes indeed. It's a fun place to hang out.

@ Sandee, rest? What's that, LOL? It's not all that bad.

@ Alexys, LOL, "the Chosen One", Yikes now that sounds intimidating. Thanks.

@ Charles, My pleasure, 1Verse is a favorite. You have some wonderful poetry there.

@ Liara, yes reading between the lines is at times what life is about. Many times its the only way to see what maters.

Jessie said...

that was a delightful invitation, and your commentary made it even better!

Eric S. said...

Hi Jessie, It was intriguing, and full of mystery. Kind of reaches out and grabs you.

Thanks.

Kel said...

The RanDawg's work has been lean too. Nothing in January, but he's got work this week, for himself and our two employees (thank gawd).

We're making do on what I bring in from PSI, but there sure isn't any "discretionary" cash laying around.

Eric S. said...

Yep things are slim all over. Many of the plumbing companies around here are going out of business. One I have done work for previously, had 14 trucks, three backhoes, and the people to staff them at one time. They have sold all backhoes but one, and only have four trucks left. Many of the crews, obviously laid off. The work is just not out there.

We got lucky, and have started doing more commercial work. Plus our primary builder now is doing lots of huge custom homes.

Kel said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your work continues.

Our industry (the my engineering company serves) lags the general world economic curve by a year or so ~ so we expect to slow, but not struggle this year. 2010 will likely be a different, more stressful, story.

Eric S. said...

I hope things settle and the jobs start to rise. That would have far reaching effect.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin