Time for a Restful Weekend

Morning Forest

Image via Wikipedia

By the time this piece is posted, I will be at the deer lease. I am setting it to post at  5:00 AM.  At that particular time I will be hiking in to my blind where I can sit quietly and wait for the sun to rise.   Why am I doing this, heck I don’t know, I guess just to make myself feel connected to the blog.  In some small way share my early morning anticipation with my readers.   There is something special about the early morning darkness of the great out doors.  The crisp fresh air, morning due, or maybe even a little morning frost on the ground.  To me, there is nothing better than an early, early morning hike through the woods.  You get such a wonderful view of the stars and moon, and the startlingly bright and bold sunrises.

 

This weekend will be for my rest and relaxation.  I plan on hunting every morning and evening, and possibly getting some fishing in during the middle of the day.  I’m sure there will be the friendly game of poker between my hunting buddies, brother in law and his son, and myself.  Of course you can’t have an outdoor excursion with out the faithful Hibachi, for a quick little  meal here and there. 

 

One advantage of hunting, is there is a considerable amount of waiting.  Plenty of time to think and contemplate, maybe reminisce a little.  I am looking forward to the weekend, especially since I missed opening day due to everything that went on last week.  It’s always nice to get back to your roots, and recharge the old batteries.  If I get some extra meat for the freezer, so much the better.

 

I am taking my ancient lap top, (an old 64 MB, slow as molasses computer).  There is no internet connection though,  the darn thing really is not a very good internet computer anyway.  So I’m only going to use it to compose a few items of writing, and see how the refreshing feel of the wide open country affects my creativity.   I’m hoping for some interesting ideas for my fiction stories.  Perhaps some character development or plot and scene building.  What better place to come up with strong rich content than as far away from the everyday worries as possible.

 

While your reading this post, I’ll be thinking of you, and will try to send you some of my peace and quiet.  Wish me luck, and I’ll respond to any comments when I get back.

Enhanced by Zemanta

18 comments:

confused said...

enjoy Eric and a full report is expected..:)))))

derfina said...

Sounds like a loverly way to spend the weekend. Let us know how it goes!

Travis Erwin said...

Hope a big buck is in your sights as I type this. Great post. I'll be going tomrrow to try my luck.

Jena Isle said...

Good luck on your restful weekend. I'm sure you'll enjoy it..Ahhh, perhaps during this brief respite, you'll be able to contribute now to my Inspirational Book.

Enjoy your weekend.

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Enjoy your relaxation and rejuvenation. :)

redchair said...

Hope you have a great weekend and get the much needed rest.
Vikki

AngelBaby said...

What a wonderful way to recharge your batteries, I hope you have a wonderful time. Enjoy some piece and quiet it will refresh your soul.

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

June Saville said...

Sounds perfect Eric. I need so much right now to be surrounded by the natural world.
Human beings and everything else squeezed in on me in the past couple of weeks and what happened? Writer's block that's what. You don't wonder do you?

Kel said...

Plunked here in Beijing, cheek by jowl with jam-packed humanity I am feeling pretty jealous that you're enjoying the peace and solitude of the wildlands.

Eric S. said...

@ Confused, I did thanks, and there will be full wrap up on Tuesday.

@ Derfina, yes it is, very refreshing.

@ Travis, No buck this weekend, but I have some great stories to tell for Tuesday. I hope you have some luck on yours.

@ Jena, Thanks, I don't know about inspirational, but I may be finally getting to stories figured out. I don't have many inspirational stories, just some nice memories.

@ Sandee, I did, it was so nice, thanks.

@ Vikki, I enjoyed it so much, didn't get much rest, but had fun.

@ AngelBaby, Yes it is a great way to recharge. The peace and quiet was just what the doctor ordered. Thanks

@ June, I know what you mean. Living here in the city, gets on my nerves at times. So crowded and confused these city folk are. LOL. Hope you can get back to nature soon.

@ Kel, I bet, I never even thought about the population issues over there. I'm not sure I could handle that, LOL. Hope your having fun along with the work.

tashabud said...

Eric,
Well, I guess I'm the last one again. Anyway, I hope that your expectations were fulfilled. At least, you were able to recharge like you said. Hubby called Saturday and told me he got his bull bison. I hope he'll let me post his picture with his bison.

Have a great week ahead of you.

Tasha

forsythia said...

Is it bow hunting season where you are? Will you use bow and arrow or a rifle? In Ohio, they start out with bow season. There's a man who hunts on our property regularly. Hunting season is what keeps him sane, he says. He loves just being out there. Of course, he wants to get a deer or two to feed his family. But you almost get the idea that the main thing for him is to just be outdoors in the silence, with his son, his hunting buddy.

LarryG said...

thanks I got about 3 seconds of p&q during one sentence of this :)

LceeL said...

I can't hunt anymore. I used to as a kid, but Viet Nam took all the hunt out of me. But what I WOULD like to do is hunt with a camera.

Last Friday morning, about 5:30 in the morning, I rounded a bend in the road on the way to work, only to see that there was something in the road. I slowed to a stop and flicked on the brights only to see a young buck standing stock still in the middle of the road which runs along the DuPage River. He stood there until I flicked the brights on and off several times and then he slowly turned and walked off toward the houses spread out along the landward side of the road. Regal, I think is the term. He was Regal. A splendid looking animal with 4 or 5 points on each side. Young. And totally unconcerned, it would seem, with the presence of me, a mere mortal.

I need to keep a camera with me. I really do.

LceeL said...

Yes, I am aware that that was one of the most poorly phrased comments I have ever left for anyone. Sorry.

Vixen said...

Funny, but I couldn't read this till I was back at work on Monday, but I did feel a great sense of peace and quiet on Saturday morning....so if I have you to thank: THANKS.

I hope you had/have a great time.

Eric S. said...

@ Tasha, hey girl, your not the last, and even if you were it's no big deal. We all have lives, and we can't be on the computer 24 7. I envy you, Bison meat is excellent, very learn and healthy, like Elk. Try to get him to let you post pictures of it.

@ Forsythia, right now its rifle season. Our bow season started first of October, the November and December are rifle. Some day when I can afford one, I'm going to get a bow. The challenge of archery intrigues me, and I'd love to try it. Your hunter sounds like us. The real benefit is being out there, away from the hustle and bustle. Being from a small town, I need the small community feel of that area. Our lease id a year long thing, and we can go out anytime during the year. May not to get to hunt anytime, but we can get away.

@ Larry G, sorry you only got about 3 seconds. Hope you can get some P&Q soon.

@ Lou, first off there's nothing wrong with the phrasing. I completely understand. That's cool, you should carry a camera, you never know when you'll get the best picture. Your buck sounds beautiful.

@ Vixen, LOL, your very welcome girl. Hows the new house, getting things put away yet.

Vixen said...

The new house is so peaceful and roomy. But no, not much is getting put away yet. You see, if you buy a house built in 1964, there is an unwritten law that says you have to spend the first three weeks visiting Home Depot six or seven times a day.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin