Monday’s Writers of the Web

UN 13 DE OCTUBRE CON LUNA LLENA I
Image by c.fuentes2007 via Flickr
Ahh tis Monday once again.  That wonderful day of the week that most normal people seem to dislike with a passion.  I however enjoy my Monday’s, fore it is when I get to share all those wonderful sites I have found over the previous week.  Monday’s Writers of the Web series has become somewhat of a passion for me.  Not for my writing mind you, but for my simple selfish time spent reading blog novels, poetry, and short stories. 

The first blog I want to share with you, will be of paramount importance on November 6 th. 2008.  On that date Mimi Writes will launch her Blog Blast For Peace 2008.   She hopes to get as many blogs as possible to write an article for peace.   Of course I’m signing up, what better cause than peace.  Besides her blog blast, she writes some inspirational stories, and some reminiscent stories.  Naturally, being fond of reminiscent muse’s,  I had to explore her site a little.   She wrote an article about when she was young, and her grandfather would sit with her and eat her mud pie’s and exclaim “Yum Yum to die for”. What she was talking about is how her Grandfather would make her feel like she could do anything.  She also talked about her writing, and how she could “bleed out on the pages”.  The post is titled Don’t Mind Me, I’m Just Having a Conversation With Myself.  She also writes about her feelings of vulnerability in her writing.  Swing by and visit her blog, and perhaps sign up for the Blog Blast For Peace 2008, but above all read Blue Whales and Bubbles.

The next site, is Bugle For The New Day,  authored in memory of the bloggers father.  He is posting his fathers novel that is a family saga set in a Wales, United Kingdom, late 19th century mining community.  He has posted Chapter 1 up through part 7.  He has to transcribe his late fathers novel, and is doing so by installment, like many of the other sites I enjoy so much.  I have so far only read the section, but I love what I have read so far.  The late Frank Pearson had a talent for capturing the reader with his strong words, and scene building descriptions.  I Look forward to reading more, as time allows.

Now I just happened across this next site, Fiction at Courage my Friend, and found myself reading a wonderful crime family story.  Winter Rain is a fictional story about “violence, revenge, and other family values”  The author, Chris Poirier, has written the story in installments, that are easily navigated.  I fell in, and had quite a bit of difficulty pulling myself out.  The writing style grabs your attention, and just won’t let go.  Chris Poirier, has other fictional writing on the site, but I have not gotten to them yet.  I am going to have to finish Winter Rain first.  The installments are short, and easily managed.  The site is amazingly easy to navigate, and set up in a manner to encourage reading.

Flash Fiction is a site authored by Rebecca Jane, a freelance writer and novelist.  She writes some commentary, and whole lot of short Fiction.  You’ll find book reviews, and stories like  To Live and Die in Bed-Stuy.  This is a quaint story of two women who go to a party in Bed_Stuy, and find themselves stuck in a snow bank upon leaving.  A man with “wild eyes” comes along and digs them out.  It is an unusual story, but a fun read.

Adventures of Austin Girl, is a truly fun blog.  Most of her stories have a comic basis to them, and are about Austin Girl, a reporter for the Daily Dirt.  Her latest story, Ghost Hotel, was fun to read, and found me giggling at the writers style.  She also has some really fun articles about Fat Bastard, an over weight Beagle.  I can assure you of a good laugh to lighten your day.

If you want a fall out of your chair, rolling on the floor laugh, simply visit Life in The River.   This is your basic redneck  river dwellers blog site.  The stories have that view of life from the perspective of a down right country girl.  I find myself laughing uncontrollably just about every time I visit her blog.  The author is Derfina, and she describes herself as follows
I spend a lot of time poking my nose into other peoples' bidness via their blogs. I clean up an awful lot of feathers. You can dress me up, but you can't really take me out. I travel a lot when I can find bird sitters. I drink, prolly to excess, but I rarely get sick because my body is a hostile environment to germs.
How can you resist a description like that. Stop by and read the post about her husband reading her blog.  It’s simply funnier than hell, and reminds me of place I have been very familiar with in the past.

Last but certainly not least, Go by Vixens Den and sign her petition for preemies.  Recently she lost a grandson who passed as a result of being born premature.  She has since become active in bringing to light the terrible fact that more newborns die from premature birth than any other cause.

Technorati Tags:
Related articles by Zemanta
Enhanced by Zemanta

12 comments:

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

I ♥ Mimi and her peace globes. Have a great day. :)

tashabud said...

I don't know how you do your lurking to find all these blogs. Do you follow some sort of a list somewhere and just click on the ones you find sounding interesting? May I ask how you found my blog? I'm curious. When I lurk, I usually click on people making comments on people's blogs that I happened to be visiting.

Have a great week,
Tasha

Pearl said...

Love the blog, and thanks for introducing me to Life in the River.
:-)
Pearl

LceeL said...

Good blogs all.

Chris Poirier said...

Hi Eric -- thanks for the link to Winter Rain. From your description, I'm guessing you haven't quite finished the first chapter -- I'll be curious to see what you think of it when you do. ;-)

Something else you might like to check out is webfictionguide.com, where we keep a growing catalogue of online fiction, along with editorial and reader reviews, articles and more.

Chris.

Eric S. said...

@ Sandee, I love your blog, http://comedyplus.blogspot.com/ and have enjoyed a number of your posts. I just found Mimi, and love what she is trying to do.

@ Tasha, Hey girl, well lets see. I found your site that night I was suffering from a tooth ache. I couldn't sleep so I went Entrecarding. The old fashioned way. I would campaign, and then click on the entrecard add on each site I opened until it went no further. I would then have about 20 tabs open. I just read at least 1 post on each site before I would close the tab. Your site was just dam good luck on my part.

Now I check user profiles from the comments on sites I have found. and I have finally learned to check there blog roll and blogs they follow. You would be surprised how many sites I had overlooked. Each site seems to have 3 or 4 that I haven't been to. I have crashed my FF a few time from having so many tabs open at one time. No list, just active surfing.

@ Pearl, You'll really like her blog, and find yourself laughing harder than you thought possible a few times too. Thank you for the compliment.

@ Lou, Hi, hows the writing going?

@ Chris Poirier, Your right I have only read the first three posts of chapter 1. But rest assured I'll be back. I was on a mission last night, running late for my blog post when I happened across your site. By the way, Kudos on your site design and navigation, I love it.

Thanks for the link, I'll definitely check it out, I have already bookmarked it, and sent it to a couple of my friends.

confused said...

your Monday post has become a favorite for me where else can one learn of the many fascinating blogs out there..Job well done..:))

Mike Foster said...

Great work, as usual, Eric. I will be sure to visit as many of those sites as humanly possible. As for spouse's reading the other's blog...hmm, my wife world rather watch "90210."

peace,
mike
livelife365

Eric S. said...

@ Confused, You know I really enjoy writing them too. I'm glad you like finding new sites.

@ Mike, Yeah, my wife has no interest what so ever in my blog, other than perhaps wanting it to disappear.

Mark Antony said...

Hi Eric,

Thanks very much for your generous appraisal of my website. Your own site is very fine, with a keen eye for quality content, you can be sure I'll follow you.

Have a great weekend. Mark.

Mimi Lenox said...

I just saw this lovely shout out today. Thank you so much for highlighting my writing and peace globes. I re-read Blue Whales and Bubbles this morning and saw your link. I was directed there because, interestingly enough, a reader from Mumbai has been reading that piece and re-visiting it and I was moved....wondering how their world is today and if that reader is safe and sound right now.

Thank you again. What a lovely thing to do.

Mimi

Eric S. said...

Hi Mimi, I loved your bubbles and whales story. Yea Mubai is pretty scary, but from the sounds of it is all contained now. I have a reader over there too, she lives not far from the airport, and wrote about everything in her blog.

http://spicymist.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin