Surprise! an Absolutely Wonderful Evening

Grandson
That beaming smiling face is my grandson Jordan who will be four next month.  You can just barely see the proud Grandpa in the background.  My step son and his wife, and of course Jordan, mysteriously appeared this evening.  We have not seen them for a little more than a year. 

Young Jordan’s Daddy was in Iraq, and then back in North Carolina for a little while afterward.  It seems like ages ago that we last saw them.  You can imagine our reaction when we were trying to figure out who was pulling into the drive way.  Then as soon as they got out, the whole family, dogs and all went out to greet them.  I was amazed at how much the little tyke grew.

We visited for quite some time, and I took Jordan out in the back yard to play ball with Destiny, our Red Healer.  Both of them were in seventh heaven, Jordan laughing and chasing Destiny around to get the ball, and Destiny dropping it just in time for Jordan to kick it for her again.  Destiny prefers soccer balls, why I don’t know, so it was easier for Jordan to kick it and throw it.   They really had fun, and as you can tell so did I.

Jordan’s Momma found a frog with the help of Annie, one of  our Chihuahuas.  Naturally she had to chase Blinda around with it, then Jordan, then Jordan’s Daddy.  I was laughing so hard, here’s this young lady chasing the boys around with a frog, and they were acting as bad as Blinda about it.  We finally got Jordan to play with the frog a little bit, he at least touched it and chased it around the yard.  All little boys should play with frogs at some time.

Their going to be around for about a week, so we get to see them a few more times before they have to go back to North Carolina.  Hopefully we will get to spend some of the weekend with them, and get some pictures of the crew.  So important, for Jordan’s Daddy is due to redeploy shortly.

Thanks for listening, I just had to share.

21 comments:

SusieScrapper said...

Such a wonderful evening for you and your family!! Hope you get to spend lots of time with them and can't wait to see more pictures of the whole crew!!

indungg said...

Hmmm,..i'm indonesian..my english is bad...
Selamat aja yach.....
Sukses selalu...

spicymist said...

yeah such a happy time when sumone u are not xpecting visits you. jordan is too cute. and ur so lucky, all those animals!!! my brother allergic to fur, so we had to return the lab we had got. :(
and im not mad at you. i had forgotten abt jeff corwin too. comp wasnt wrking for like 45 days

maggie's mind said...

I already said so on Plurk, but really, what a cutie pie! I'm also really glad that you get to spend time with them. Please thank your step son for his service, too - I'm grateful.

Mike Foster said...

You sound like a really proud parent and grandpa, Eric, a very good thing. And it's nice to share heartfelt real moments. Good luck to your son...

peace,
mike
livelife365

Lilly's Life said...

What a gorgeous face in the photo - and Jordan (same name as my daughter) must be so excited to see his Daddy again let alone his grandparents too! You have to love surprises! Especially when they are that good. I am glad you shared it with us and I could tell from the way you wrote this that you were very excited. Enjoy the rest of the time you spend with them!

Jena Isle said...

Hi Eric,

You have a right to be proud of him, he's so handsome, just like the grandpa? (grins).

It is good to be with grandsons sometimes, it relaxes and refreshes us.

Have a grand time with them and happy blogging.

Eric S. said...

@ Susie, Thanks I hope so too. I am looking forward to the weekend.

@ Indungg, no problem thanks for stopping by.

@ Spiceymist, thanks it was a great surprise. I'm sorry you had to give your dog back. I'm glad your not mad at me LOL.

@ Maggie,Thanks I have to brag, he is a cute little turd. I'll let him know.

@ Mike, Yes indeed, thank you.

@ Lilly, Thanks Lilly, that's cool they have the same name. He was running around and having a blast chasing all the dogs. We had to scoop him up to get him to talk to us. We were very very excited.

@ Jena, why thank you, we hope to have a lot of time with them, and any time with grandchildren is grand

Vixen said...

What a fantastic surprise for you! I can tell you very much enjoyed your visit and, yes, all little boys should play with frogs at least once.

I am happy for you that they will be around a bit longer so you can get some more fun memories stored away.

tashabud said...

Hello Eric,
After being away from blogging a while, this post is just the most welcoming and heart-warming post to read. I can feel your joy and pride about your grandson. It's good for you to have spent some time with them.

Tasha

LceeL said...

How wonderful for you. And for him. May God keep him safe.

Eric S. said...

@ Vixen, Yes it was, and yes I was. Thanks and I hope to get to spend some more time with them this weekend.

@ Tasha, thank you so much, and welcome back how did the trip go.

@ Lou, thanks, and welcome to Plurk.

forsythia said...

Jordan is so cute. I know you're having a great visit with him and his family.

redchair said...

He’s a beautiful boy, Eric. I’m sure you’re very proud . I look forward to seeing more photos of your crew.
Vikki

Eric S. said...

@ Forsythia, thanks, can't wait for them to come back over.

@ Vikki, Thank you, I'll get some good ones when they come back.

soulMerlin said...

Isn't it great being a Grandparent? Lots of joy with less responsibility.

Jordan looks great

henry

Eric S. said...

Henry, it is, yes indeed it is great being a grandparent. Thanks you.

Kel said...

Mother told me a bit about the history. I'm glad you and Blinda are having the opportunity to get to know the little tyke and his dad & mom. He sure is a little cutey.

I am totally ready to become a grandma, but no sign among the kids yet of being ready to make me one . . . though I will get a fiesty little granddaughter by marriage sometime next year ~ as Jacob has asked Alisa to marry to him, and she agreed.

The wee little girl's name is Monet (pronounced the same as the French impressionist painter with the same moniker). She's 3 now, bright, engaging, and quite precocious.

Eric S. said...

Monet sounds like a fun little girl. I hope you get to spoil her rotten. Don't worry, the other two will eventually find their soul mate, and provide you with your due rewards.

Kel said...

My "due rewards?" Now THAT's a scary thought! LOL

Eric S. said...

Kel, Your due rewards are being able to enjoy your grandchildren, spoiling them appropriately, then sending them home to their parents.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin