Mondays Writers of The Web

Wake Up!
Image by Roby72 via Flickr
Yes indeed finally, another Writers of The Web post. I know, I know, I have been a little preoccupied with life the past couple of weeks, but here we go again. I will be continuing this as often as possible. I should note though that some week’s are busier than others and so it is more difficult to make my posts. Blah Blah Blah excuses excuses excuses, why is it that I am now feeling guilty about making excuses.

Before I left for my little trip, I found some good blogs. The first one I want to share is more of a hints and tips site for writers. It’s called The Writing Journey, and is authored by Bob. He writes about his experiences in writing on the Internet, and has some very good and useful tips to help blogger's. In one of his recent posts, Beating Internet Writers Block, he suggests getting off the computer and out of the house or office. Good ideas to help break the monotony of sitting in front of your computer, racking your brain for ideas. I know, I very seldom get any of my inspiration from sitting at the computer. He also suggests just getting up and moving around if for no other reason than good health, a little exercise never hurt anyone.

This week seems to be more of a theme of writers help blogs, and so Incurable Disease of Writing is next up. The author describes it simply as a Writers Journey. One of the things I like about it is they review or share a chapter of a new book each month. they call it The First Blog Tour, and it happens on the first of each month. They sometimes throw in a Wild Card, which is similar, and shares another blog or book. They also have interesting posts such as A Writers Self-Image.

Next up we have Confident Writing. Joanna Young, is a writing coach who shares her knowledge in this blog. You will find posts like How To Write About Hot Issues, or Writing With Respect. She has down to earth tips for the writer.

I’m going to start including more Mil Blogs, for reasons of my own selfish nature. Sgt Hook – This We’ll Defend is a Mil Blog from Iraq. Sgt Hook talks about his missions and what is going on. I find it interesting that he says
“Today the streets of Baghdad are not recognizable if compared to just eighteen months ago.”
Hook said he recently went on a supporting mission for Iraqi Security Forces, where the greatest enemy they faced was the 120 degree heat. I simply hope it continues along those lines, and they can all come home soon.
Technorati Tags:

10 comments:

Joanna Young said...

Thanks for the compilation - and including Confident Writing in it. Much appreciated

Joanna

Lilly's Life said...

Thanks for that list Eric - and for doing all the hard work for us - some great blogs there!!

Jena Isle said...

Thanks for sharing, will try to visit these sites. I plan to create a link to your article about Ivy. God bless.

tashabud said...

Hi Eric,
I visited Sgt Hook's blog and It's encouraging to hear it from someone who patrols the neighborhoods in Iraq that Iraq is a much better place now than it was 18 mos. ago. His blog made me feel optimistic for a peaceful Iraq. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I love that sunset photo.

soulMerlin said...

So far, I've got as far as reading "The Incurable Disease of Writing....it's really good.

thanks Eric

henry

Eric S. said...

Joanna, My pleasure, I enjoy your blog and you have some good information. I appreciate that your will to share your knowledge and experience.

Lilly, not so much hard work, just a little looking around. I'm always searching for new sites.

Jena, thanks, I have so much sympathy for that little girl, and I don't even know her. I just can't imagine a child not being able to live life to its fullest just because someone feels they "don't need a treatment".

Tasha, yea it's kind of refreshing after hearing all the bad news time and time again. That's why I like the Mil Blogs, they give a different perspective than what you get on the daily news.

Henry, it is good isn't it, I love the title. That's why I like finding all these sites, you never know when you'll run across something good.

Missy said...

Wow! I'm so flattered you mentioned my blog, Incurable Disease of Writing. Thank you.

Eric S. said...

Missy your quit welcome. I enjoy your blog, and so do a few of my friends now. Thanks for stopping in

Lapa37 said...

It's cool how you promote blogs what a great idea. I saw that you are following my blog Max a dogs story I just wanted to thank you.I don't really promote that blog to much.It makes me feel good when someone finds it themselves.I will be coming back to see your site again.

Eric S. said...

Thanks Lapa37, way back when I first started blogging on Yahoo 360, I was trying to share with my family some of the stuff I found on-line. Now I'm just taking it a little farther. It has kept me busy, and I find all kinds of interesting blogs.

I found your site I think through Entrecard or may be Technorati. I have a Chihuahua site as well, and am always checking out other dog site.

Thanks for coming by, and your welcome any time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin