Simple Sunday's Good New's From The Front Line's

puppy bloggerStraight from the desk of the newest puppy blogger. Rascal sends his regards, and say's happy blogging to all.

I heard from the Nephew today. He is settled into his new unit in Iraq, and seems to like the work he's doing. I'm not going to talk about what he does, or where, because I am not sure what is allowed and what is not. The last thing I want to do is get him in trouble or put him and his buddies in any kind of danger.

He has given his weapons names. It's funny, but they are all female names, and he refers to them as his girls. There's Sasaha, Natasha, and Kelly. I'm sure some of that is to be expected. I remember Basic training, and the Drill Sergeants telling us our weapons were our new girl friends. Most important is that he is safe, and has a positive attitude. I sent him an email asking if anyone in their unit has a Mil Blog. It would be nice if they did, I could visit it regularly to get updates.

It's good to hear from him, and I hope he keeps me in the loop. I hope even more that he keeps his mother in the loop, and contacts her regularly. It's amazing how just getting an email from him is some how comforting, and so powerful at the same time. I can't explain how proud I am of him.

We just recently found out that my Step Son will be re-deployed at the end of the year. I have so many conflicting emotions about it. Fortunately his job will keep him around the base, at least that is what he tells us. Hopefully we'll get to see him, his wife, and our grandson before he deploys. They are stationed over on the East Coast, and it's not easy to get out to see them. We may have to bite the bullet and figure it out if he doesn't get leave.

Technorati Tags: ,,,

6 comments:

LceeL said...

finding this 'comment' link was not easy - although it could be firefox. I have found that firefox in Linux does things a bit different, from time to time.

My your nephew, over there, be safe. And your step-son, as well.

Eric S. said...

I know, I'm working on trying to move it to the bottom. I left a message with Amanda at Blogger Buster, who converted the template.

I know, I worry about them all the time. It's so good when I can hear from them

tashabud said...

Eric,
I know, I should be working on my novel, but how can I? Otherwise, I won't be able to read all the good reading blogs, like yours. Anyway, I extend my best wishes to your nephew and stepson. I'm relieved that my nephew arrived from Iraq safely. He's stationed in Alaska and will be visiting us here sometime next week. So we're all looking forward to his and his family's visit.

Liara Covert said...

I have an Australian friend who has a son in the navy. The idea that he goes on extended assignments has become a blessing to her. He finds meaning in his work and returns refreshed.

Recently, I was on a Croatian train with a Bosnian soldier on route to his continued military trainig and assignments. The man shared his patriotism and bitterness about the past, present and future of Yugoslavia. He had a lot of knowledge at a very young age. He didn't love his job but he convinced himself he was committrd.

Eric S. said...

Tashabud, I know what you mean. I only get to work on my story very late at night. Usually between 1:00 AM and 3:00 AM. That's when I have the uninterrupted seclusion my creativity seems to need. I don't quite understand it, but I can write my blog posts any time, but my stories are a different thing, some how more personal.
That's why I can cruise around and visit all those sites in the between time.

Liara Covert, Thank you for stopping by and saying hi. I understand exactly what you mean. I don't believe, hell I know Dom does not "love war", but his is enjoying his career choice, and will probably make the military a major part of his life. I imagine his outlook will change as he goes through his deployment, and witnesses and experiences all that is war. I sincerely hope he does not aquire any bitterness or regret through this deployment.

Eric S. said...

Tashabud, I almost forgot, I'm so glad your nephew made it home alright. It's good you're going to get to see them soon. Thank you so much for your best wishes.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin