The New Look Is Here!

I Worked all day and night, but finally got things set up. I still have a few problems, I'm sure they are related to me going the template code and adding tweaks and twists. I added the tabbed view widget By Hoctro. It is pretty cool, and cleans up my upper side bar. Then I had to go in a change the size of the two lower side bars. I also added a three column widget section at the bottom of the page. I need to figure out how to make my elements center themselves in the widgets though. I'll be working on that for some time.

My first priority is to figure out why the template is not allowing me to set up paragraphs with in the post. It's driving me crazy, and I'm sure it's something I did, that make's it even worse. So I have a lot more work to do.

I do like the cleaner look, and the colors seem more inviting to me. I don't know why but I just seem to like these colors. The picture in the header was taken with one of those cheap cardboard panoramic cameras you can buy at most service stations. It was taken in Ouray Colorado, from Ophir Pass.

I think I'll keep trying to tweak the blue Jeans template also. If I make progress with it, and change up come of it's layout features, it may make a comeback. Who knows what will happen, someday I may have a professional set one up for me, just the way I want it. Until then, I guess I will have to immerse myself into some XML and Java to figure everything out.

Technorati Tags: ,

12 comments:

Hillbilly Willy said...

looks good to Willy.

Keep up the good work!

10-4 - Hillbilly Willy – Fun – Food and Politics

Kel said...

I like the tabs widget, very clean and user friendly! Good luck figuring out the paragraph breaks problem (it will drive you distraction otherwise).

The colors are soothing, and yet masculine. The photo from Mt. Ophir reminds me of the valley not far from town that leads to the base trail for Mt Democratic. Lovely.

Eric S. said...

Willy, thanks. I'll try

Kel, I know, it's been driving me crazy just trying to find the problem. I know it's some where in the code, I just have to find it.

Ya I remember that valley, I wish I could remember the name of the mine. You could sit at that mine and look all the way down the valley. Also farther up before you got to Kite Lake, beautiful.

Kel said...

Hmmm . . . maybe you're thinking of the Paris mine? I found a great site with some awesome photos of Kite Lake, Mts. Lincoln, Bross, Democrat and Cameron.

http://www.stevegarufi.com/kitelake.htm

Do you remember my sweetheart from college? Phil Hiester? He and I did a 4-peak backpacking trip to nail those 4 peaks in two days. Ahhhh . . . those were the days! I think my degrading knees would make that a real challenge now.

Eric S. said...

I'll check out the link. I barely remember Phil, that was a while ago. We used to do search and rescue up there all the time. People would get caught on the scree slopes and not be able to get back up.

It was always fun, tie off, then let yourself down to them , then hook em up and drag em up the hill.

Unfortunately we got allot of lightning strikes up there also.

tashabud said...

I love your header. I couldn't tell that it was taken with a cheap camera like you said. I think I know this place. We went through the town of Ouray on our trip to Durango-Silverton last year, and I remember how beautiful that town is. It's surrounded with majestic peaks and mountains.

LceeL said...

I like the new look a lot. Well done. Sometime when you get a chance - before Thursday - check out the revisions in "To Kansas City" - actually, just read the first two posts you see up there.

maggies mind said...

Looking good! I like the tabbed navigation and also the colors. Nice!

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot! Looks really good and it's easier to read! Tinaleigh

Eric S. said...

Tashabud, see it's not so bad. The paragraph thing is still driving me crazy though. Yes Ouray is beautiful. This was taken last weekend in July, back in I think 96 or 97.

Lou, Thanks, I'll check it out. I just got home from work, it's 11:30 PM. I' beat.

Maggies mind, Thanks, I still have a few bugs to work out, but hopefully I'll get it soon.

Tinaleigh, Thanks, it's nice to see you here for a change, Sis. I emailed the one, and I'll scan some more. I have a bunch from Boreas, overlooking Como.

Nessa said...

Looks really nice. I did this recently to and i vowed never to do it again for 5 million years lol

Eric S. said...

Nessa, I know what you mean, but I'm sure I'll be playing with it for awhile. I still haven't figured out the paragraph problem. I have the same template with the same tweaks on a test blog, and it works fine. I'm stumped, but have asked a few friends for help!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin