Simple Sunday - Oh So Enjoyable

I love my Sundays. They are always so relaxing and enjoyable. Why you ask, simple, there is no expectation of accomplishment unless you put one on yourself. I got lucky this week, and did not have to mow the yard, or do any of the chores that never seem to end. I'm not sure where I acquired this particular trait, but I do not enjoy yard work. As I remember, just about everybody in my family is a yard nut. I like spending my Sundays, sitting back enjoying a good book, or surfing my friends blog sites.

This blog has been good for me in more ways than one. I have become far more social than I ever was before. Funny how the Internet seems to transform people, and loosen them up. Just a few years ago, hell really just a few months ago, you would have never caught me expressing my feelings and thoughts for every person in the world to read and review. I have been trying to analyze this particular change in my make up, but have not really gotten down to the root of the issue yet. Perhaps I'm going through one of those often heard about midlife changes, who knows. I do know that I am enjoying the new me, and will continue with my ramblings.

I recently visited Lizzy's Quiz Blog , and found a fun little quiz about chocolate, or more correctly your tastes in chocolate. You have to go to her site, she has some really fun things there, like finding out what your pirate name would be and many others. Its a fun way to spend some time on a lazy Sunday. I recently recommended Tashabud's The Big Picture - A Novel, and she evidently has some very dedicated friends, who are becoming some of my regulars. The best part about this is she had no idea I was reviewing her novel, so it was a surprise for her when she found out. That makes it even better, because I was able to surprise someone I had never met, and make them feel good. Tashabud wrote a post about it on one of her other sites, Tasha's Take. It was so much fun to read how my simple little post made her feel, and she wrote about it so creatively too. You have to go read it, so much fun.

Here's the results form My Chocolate Quiz, and its fairly accurate too, except for my friends being afraid of hurting my feelings, I don't think I ever had that kind of effect on people.

What Your Taste in Chocolate Says About You
You are sweet, mellow, and easily satisfied.
You don't like anything too intense and dramatic.
Deep down, you're a kid at heart... and you're nostalgic for the past.

You are emotionally expressive and sensitive.
You're effected by everything around you.
Your friends appreciate your open heart, but they are afraid of hurting your feelings.

You love being by yourself and thinking. Developing your own theories and ideas is fun.
You feel lost when you're forced to be social. Being with other people can be lonely for you.

Add to Mixx! Stumble Upon Toolbar

Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

tashabud said...

Eric, I truly enjoyed reading this post. I'm glad you had a very relaxing Sunday and that you got your indulgence in books and blogging fulfilled.

I'm happy to know you've met more friends through me.

The chocolate sure does look yummy. I've got to go to Lizzy's blog and find out what kind of a chocolate I am. I just posted my tarot card result. So this should be interesting.

You said that the description is fairly accurate. Does this mean that in person, you're a recluse? hehe.

Kel said...

Hmmm . . . me wee bro-ski hasn't answered yet. Which leaves the field wide open for [evil laughter echoing in the background] the Big Sister to get a jump on the moment!!!!!!! [even more manic, stereotypical laughter in the background].

Recluse is he, she asks? No, not a recluse. Though my youngest sib is reserved in a very text-book western americana way, a cowboy-esque gentleman, would never put himself forward in a crowd (crowd being more than 3 people). I suspect that like myself, he does not talk to the people next to him in a check out line unless they speak first, which is simple western respect for personal space (*wink*).

He is responsible to a fault, honorable to a fault, capable in a solid, dependable way that reminds me so much of our father. He has our Dad's wickedly infectious smile and mischevious sense of humor as well.

That's enough for now [enough self-conscious embarassment for the Little Brother ~ evil laughter echoes ~ reverb heavy ~ fade to dark]

Eric S. said...

Ah that will teach me to be sure and check my email, and answer comments quickly LOL. Tashabud, as my sweet "older" sister, she hates it when I say that, has alluded I am a reserved person. And do find myself uncomfortable in a crowd, however I think I can handle a few more that 3. And yes I am not as spontaneously conversant as many people I know, and not prone to initiating a conversation with strangers.

Speaking of a sense of humor Kel "Look Who's Talking". As my readers can now tell, my sister has a flair for the dramatic, and can be quit fun if you can just get her going. Someday I will convince her to start a blog for the enjoyment of the rest of us.

tashabud said...

I think your sister is just doing her sisterly obligation in your absence. Hehe. I actually found it very amusing. I enjoyed reading it. Yes, you should talk her into having her own blog. She'll have fun with it, I'm sure.

So....your tarot card is a hermit, eh? Hmm...lol.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin