Possibilities

I have been thinking allot about the collaborative writing project, Past Live's, we're all enjoying so much. I got to thinking that it would be fun to start another collaborative effort when this one's done. I started contemplating what storyline would be fun to tackle. I think I have come up with a good possibility.

Have you ever heard that your life passes before your eyes when you die. Think of a person that is 101 and ready to pass on to the next life. A person this old would have met many people through out their life. and had many moving and inspirational events happen to them. We could "review" their life through their eyes. Each author could write an episode of life. It could be a special emotional moment, a drastic or tragic event where lessons were learned, or a meeting of a person who became special in the characters life. Perhaps some of the articles could be written from the view of the characters he has met, as they remember him.

I'm thinking of a character who is an old man who has traveled far and not settled down until late in life. He could have been a soldier, hobo, laborer, sailor, scholar, the possibilities are endless. Think of how much a person who lives to the age of 101 and never really settled down to a steady lifestyle would have seen and experienced. From present time back 101 years, there are some very fun and interesting eras. I've been trying to come up with titles also, "101 Years: Retrospective", or "A Walk Through The Years".

If anyone would be interested, leave me a comment, or click of the Contact Me button and send me an email. Or if you have an improvement on the idea or a possible title, let me know.

Technorati Tags:

12 comments:

Jena Isle said...

Your title is good enough...very eye catching.

This must be an innovative venture... very interesting.

Go for it Eric. All the best.

Jena Isle said...

Hi Eric,

I submitted your article to ENTREVIEW.COM so that more bloggers will read it. Here's the link.

http://entreview.com/story/title/ruminations-of-a-small-town-mountain-boy-possibilities

Cheers.

Fiendish said...

If it's a collaborative blogger project, I'd love to be involved. It sounds really interesting. Good pitch :)

Eric S. said...

Jena Isle, Thank you, its just in the "idea" stage at this moment. I just keep getting "thoughts" popping up about it, and have been trying to organize them. Again thanks for everything.

Fiendish, I would welcome your talent ever so much. When I get things organized and figure out the process, I'll come by to check with you. Thanks for the interest.

Meghna said...

Lovely ....creative & innovative idea....got me thinking....if something worthy does come to my mind, I'll certainly contact you....until then....wish you loads of luck :)

LceeL said...

Yeah, that could be fun. If you like, I'm in.

Eric S. said...

meghna, with your imaginative and creative mind, I'm sure I'll be hearing from you soon. Your unique style, would fit in very nicely.

LouCeel, Thanks for stopping by. I have the utmost respect for your writing. I especially loved your poem "The Eastland". I will be sure to let you know when I figure out how this will work. I may have to ask Lilly for suggestions.

Kel said...

Excellent! Really looking forward to reading your sally in the genre.

Not sure why you'd limit yourself to one gender though. I mean, women are MUCH more interesting, no? *wink*

Eric S. said...

Kel, women are more interesting? I would say more confusing. If I can't understand their thinking, how am I supposed to "portray" their character. Talk about the need for some serious research. Haven't you heard, we come from different planets, LOL.

I did leave it open to write a female character. I could make a portion of his life a remembrance by someone he may have met and had a profound affect on.

tashabud said...

An interesting concept, I must say. Please count me in.

Lilly's Life said...

Hey Eric, Sounds a great idea. Count me in. I also thought about doing one on future lives - that would really stretch us creatively. For example, if we look at a four year old now and then track his live 120 years forward. Aren't children meant to live until they are 130 by then? Countdown till Thursday...

Eric S. said...

Tashabud, I am so relieved to see you are interested. You will be able to bring a certain Romanticism to the story.

Lilly, I love your idea, we could keep these stories going for a long time. What I liked most about your original idea with Past Live's, is the involvement of so many different blog site's. It is turning into something of a Community Project. The best part is it will benefit all who participate.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin