A Little More Insight

This is something I found on Tasha's Take.  I like to try these things sometimes and see how close the come to what I am really like.  This one did surprise me, for it is pretty accurate.   I would say I am always introspective and analytical, sometimes to a degree that should not be achieved.  We won't even discuss the virginal subject, I don't think it would apply even in the farthest stretch of the imagination.  I would have to say that previously I never sought out socialization, but that seems to be changing with age.  I do prefer solitude and peace, and live for those times I can sit back relax and think and ruminate.  I like to try to be organized, but have not been very successful at it.

Overall, I would say it is about 80% accurate, I would not attempt to say what other people think of me. I don't know about being able to shine a light on things that are "mysterious and confusing" for I believe that most people would think I am "mysterious and confusing"

You are The Hermit

Prudence, Caution, Deliberation.

The Hermit points to all things hidden, such as knowledge and inspiration,hidden enemies. The illumination is from within, and retirement from participation in current events.

The Hermit is a card of introspection, analysis and, well, virginity. You do not desire to socialize; the card indicates, instead, a desire for peace and solitude. You prefer to take the time to think, organize, ruminate, take stock. There may be feelings of frustration and discontent but these feelings eventually lead to enlightenment, illumination, clarity.

The Hermit represents a wise, inspirational person, friend, teacher, therapist. This a person who can shine a light on things that were previously mysterious and confusing.

What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

Technorati Tags:

10 comments:

tashabud said...

After having read about you in "About the Author" and having read some of your posts, your Tarot card is so true in defining the kind of a person that you are. It's all good though. You're a good person. Have a good weekend.

Eric S. said...

Why thank you Tashabud, and you have a good weekend also.

Jena Isle said...

Hi, Eric your tarot card must be telling the truth (smiles), because it is proven by the generous way in which you treat people.

Kudos to you!

Jena Isle said...

By the way, I have submitted your "about me" page to entrecard's contest on the most interesting "about me" page. I find it interesting that is why. Thanks.

Jena Isle said...

Hi Eric I have recommended your blog as one of my TOP 10 Emerging Blogs for 2008.

You deserve the award.

Cheers!

Eric S. said...

Jena isle, Thank you, for all the support, and nice compliments. You are obviously a generous person yourself. I usually just try to treat people the way I would want to be treated. Does not always work, but I put the effort in thank you again.

Kel said...

I know, dear wee bro, that you're probably fairly uncomfortable with this side of the elder sis . . . but the tarot card post sent me digging back into my "self help" library (decades worth of curious trips and trends) to find a work book I started once apon a time by Mary K. Greer, "Tarot for Yourself; a workbook for personal transformation."

Fairly early in the workbook Ms. Greer guides one through two mathmatically driven exercises (oriented on birth date, etc.) to determine ones "Soul Card" and ones "Personality Card."

Care to guess which card landed in BOTH slots for me? . . . . . . . drum roll please . . . . . . . . . Yup, Ye Old Hermit indeed it was. Shiver up the spine weird? Or just the same familial background?

Though in a separate exercise, oriented on free association, I selected the Six of Pentacles as my first card to relate to.

Kel said...

See . . . I KNEW that comment would make you pull back and skew the grimace sideways. LOL!

Eric S. said...

Kel, Not at all "big sis". I kind of expect that from you. Your dramatic background mixed with our shared zodiac, sort of points in that direction. Although I admit with your outward personality, I did not expect the Hermit, I thought Sorcerer or Healer

Kel said...

Hmmmm . . . interesting. I will have to go back into my books to review the characteristics of the Sorcerer and Healer cards, but based on a strictly subjective association, I do relate to sorcerous things. I've been studying a variety of cultures that have "magic/sorcery" integral to their core philosophies for quite a number of years (well, lets me honest, its more like 'decades' *wink*). So you're on pretty solid ground associating the old woman with sorcerous interests.

And I do consider myself at least somewhat connected in to the family's tendencies to gravitate toward the healing arts. I am proud of my time as a "baby EMS" with mother and dad when I was still living at home, and my time as ski patrol at Indian Mountain. I also have spent many an interesting afternoon researching, and applying within my nuclear family, a variety of native herbal medicine traditions. I enjoy massage (providing & receiving) and have attempted healings via hands-on manipulation of flesh and energy (with varying levels of success). So I guess you were also pretty well-tuned-in with the notion of the Healer card as well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin