What I Miss About The Mountains

2008-06-22-1803-44

What I miss most about the mountains is the view. For at any time I could go out side and see a picture like this. We were surrounded on all sides by mountains. Living in a Mountain Park, made for beautiful scenery all the time. This particular photo was taken from Boreas Pass overlooking the town of Como. I had spent many a day on 2008-06-22-1802-09Boreas Pass both summer and winter. It was one of those easy drives, that you could make in a passenger car with no trouble, at least in the summer.

You can take the Boreas Pass Auto Tour as provided by the US Forest Service, and experience the history of the Denver South Park and Pacific Rail Road. Which is how Boreas Pass came to be. It was a link to Summit 2008-06-22-1803-00County during the mining day of Colorado History.

I am going to have to start finding fun and interesting sites here in Texas to visit. There are plenty of them around. I have found some on line I wish to see, just have to make the time for it I guess.

Add to Mixx! Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin